Friday, February 3, 2012

Low fat homemade ranch dressing

After making this the first time I was mad at myself for ever buying the bottled stuff (it is incredibly easy). I make it with reduced fat products, but you can certainly substitute full fat or fat free. This dressing is a staple in our refrigerator. Enjoy!!

1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 cup light mayo
1 cup reduced fat buttermilk
1 tbsp prepared garlic or two cloves pressed (just needs to be smooth)
2 tbsp chopped chives
2 tbsp chopped Italian flat leaf parsely
1 tsp chopped fresh dill
1/2 tsp celery seed 
salt (I use Kosher salt in all of my recipes)
pepper
1 tsp white vinegar

Here's the easy part..........

Mix everything together (I whisk mine) and season. Refrigerate. You may want to add more vinegar. You can add all different types of ingredients to this basic recipe and make it your own. I like a touch of prepared horseradish in mine.

                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment