Monday, February 6, 2012

Chicken bites with sweet and spicy dipping sauce


Chicken bites with sweet and spicy dipping sauce

I actually found a recipe on Pinterest for CFA like chicken nuggets. I made a small test batch according to the recipe, not very good at all. I tweaked a few things, and made it my own the results were excellent. A key to cooking these properly is keeping the oil temperature between 325 and 350. I use a digital thermometer that I absolutely love. I will post a picture. 


1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs beaten
boneless skinless chicken breasts (I needed to make enough for a party so I used 8 breasts)
2 tbsp dried tarragon
2 cloves fresh grated garlic
1 tbsp dried garlic powder
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar (I know it sounds odd, but trust me)
2 tbsp salt and pepper
Canola oil for frying

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to buttermilk, eggs, dried tarragon, and grated garlic. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.

[Image] 

Combine flour, powdered sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl and add chicken about 8 pieces at a time. coating completely. Next bring enough oil to fry to 350 degrees in a large dutch oven.


[Image]
Transfer chicken from flour mixture to oil and fry keeping the oil between 325 and 350 degrees. Continue until all chicken is cooked.

Spicy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce

1/2 cup mustard based bbq sauce
1/4 cup honey mustard
2 heaping tbsp chinese hot chili garlic paste
mix together all ingredients and serve along side chicken.
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment